Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dupe for Butter London's Teddy Girl

So I was prancing around in Target today because I was traveling and forgot to bring an eyeliner. That's my one thing I can't do without- no eyeliner and there is NO WAY you are dragging my butt outside the house. Because I can't hide in a room all day I headed over to Target to get my favorite drugstore liner- Milani's Infinite liner in 'everlast'. Heavily armed with oversized shades I was glancing at all the drugstore polishes when I found this on the shelves:


Last night I painted my nails in Butter London's Teddy Girl. It's one of my favorite pinks! But if you look...its pretty much a perfect dupe. I'll probably need to buy it later to know for sure but here's another bloggers picture of Covergirl's Outlast Stay Brilliant polish in 'Pink-finity'


I found this picture via a Google search on justporciuncula's blog. Doesn't it make you excited for the day I can give you photos like this? So if her photo is the true color then this polish is a bit more cool toned and pinky, a la Essie's French Affair. But apparently its a great 1 coat formula. I actually hate Butter London's formula AND brush. Its skinny and goopy, a lot like Essie's. Its just easier for me to use a wider brush such as Chanel or OPI.

But I thought it was interesting that inside the bottle it looks practically the same. But lighting can play a HUGE factor in to how something looks on camera so perhaps it truly is closer to BL's Teddy Girl.  I was hesitant to buy it because its $4.99 which is hitting the OPI range and expensive for a Covergirl polish in my opinion. However if the formula really is nicer then I suppose it'd be worth it. She said 6 days no chips (which means 2 in my world hah!) and I've noticed many companies are now imitating the Chanel bottle. So has ELF if you've checked out their newer stuff. So I thought i'd share just for the curious to know :) I'll probably buy a bottle soon as my Teddy Girl is quickly drying up -____- never buying a BL polish again. Even though they have some great colors.

Take care!

Love,
Jackie

4 comments:

Anna said...

That's such a pretty pink on you! Sometimes I feel "girlier pinks" make me look dark/tanner in a weird way lol. ^__^ Can't wait for more of your posts!

ThePinkHaven said...

What a pretty color! Some of my favorite videos and blog posts of yours are the diet and fitness ones. I can't wait for more!

www.thepinkhaven.blogspot.com

ThePinkHaven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It's a cute color. I have that on my nails right now. I am testing it out to see how long it lasts me. I got 2 colors the pink-finity and the vio-last I had a coupon for 3 dollars off 2 Covergirl products. If you live in the states Check out my blog there is some good information on coupons for THIS Sundays paper

http://drugstoremakeupforthewatchfulspender.blogspot.com/