25 Random Facts About Me :)
I keep seeing people I follow do this tag, and it's funny how much you learn about people through it (even people who you speak to often) so I thought it'd be a fun and easy blog post to do :)
1. I'm INCREDIBLY afraid of the dark, so much so I can't sleep without a light on. I'll stay awake even if it means being awake until the sun rises and then sleeping when there's light. Speaking of sleeping, I have nightmares almost every single night. I usually wake up at least once or twice in my sleep
2. I love animals. Honestly I like them more than people. I'll make excuses for mean animals but not rotten people LOL. They love you no matter what, they don't care about how you look or how you dress, the money you have etc...and even if they don't love you at least they wont pretend like they do :P
3. I am NOTORIOUS for losing everything. Clothes, shoes, sunglasses (especially). Anyone who hangs out with me enough starts looking around every time we leave somewhere because they know I probably left something behind
4. I am half Cantonese, half Mandarin Chinese. Culturally I identify more with my Cantonese half, but I speak mostly Mandarin Chinese (my mom focused on speaking mandarin to me because it is more universal)
5. I never kept my nails painted until youtube (I do it so no one will harp at me haha!).But now I really like and appreciate how it looks :)
6. I have a really bad habit of shaking my foot that I'm trying to stop. I think it's horrendous but I do it whenever I'm idle
7. I have IBS/Spastic Colon. So basically my digestive system doesn't work very well. I'm usually pretty bloated if not in pain -_-
8. I stand at only 5'2 but I'm the tallest person in my family (my dad used to be taller but he shrunk with age, but even then he was only 5'4)
Chinese fan dance...Haha sometime during elementary school
9. I learned all sorts of dance growing up. I took ballet for 14 years, 6 or so years of Chinese folk dancing, and I dabbled a bit in ball room, hip hop and some other courses too.
10. I can sleep for 14 hours+ if you let me ;_; and I'm incredibly grumpy and snappy when I'm tired.
11. I play the gu zheng, otherwise known as the chinese harp. My mom gave me the options of piano or violin and I told her I didn't want either because they're so typical. Eventually we settled on something a bit more unique :P
12. I never went to school with another Asian until high school.
13. I can eat as much as my boyfriend who is a little over 6'1 -_- But I like to believe it's because HE eats too little and not because I eat too much :p
14. I have a crazy work ethic. I refuse to text during work, slack off or not finish a job I know needs to be done, regardless of the time I'm being paid for. If I have to stay and work overtime and off the clock I will. If I ever feel I didn't do something as well as I can it'll nag at me long after
15. My only food addictions in life are: boba (bubble) milk tea, spicy tuna rolls, fresh spring rolls, xia long baos, anything soupy or noodle/pasta dishes and most recently, street tacos :D!!!
16. I don't particularly like hello kitty, but for some reason I feel obligated to purchase hello kitty stuff and to think it's cute. Does that make any sense -_-?
17. I have a really heavy conscience. I just don't understand people who don't respect other people's right to be happy, but I'm a big believer in Karma as well.
18. I never carry around cash because I think it's obnoxious and I tend to spend it more frivolously than the money on my debit card (which makes no sense).
19. I want to learn photoshop so I can alter the hell out of my pictures and make myself a babe 8) (half joking) But I really want to spruce my blog up in general :)
20. I hated tea as a kid but now I loooveee drinking tea :) I think its so relaxing.
21. People hate texting me unless they have iPhones as well because I text like its AIM. -_- So basically I habitually text in many short bursts
22. I'm incredibly paranoid. I think this is something thats kind of come out of my life experiences. I used to trust everyone and now I don't trust anyone.
23. I haven't had short hair since 10th grade. It was the result of a bad hair cut-she chopped off all my hair when I only asked for a trim. She asked me how I liked it and I cried because prom was the next week x.x
24. I really hate my youtube screen name. I made it a long time ago and never thought it'd be something that would remain affiliated with me since I never thought i'd upload my own videos. I might as well have made it xXmszjackiechuXx or something even more asian ^___^V
25. I have one older sister and two (much older) half sisters.
And thats it! Wow that's a text heavy blog...I know everyone always warns about picture heavy posts (and this may be juvenile of me) but I like pictures :D So here, another! From the ballet days :) Check out the wicked one piece tan line and how buff the legs used to be x.x
Take care ^^ Next posts will be about NY<3